Congratulations on securing a job interview! The application phase of job seeking is now over and it’s time to move on to phase two; the job interview. Every job seeker should spend adequate time preparing for any job interview.
It is very important that you have prepared answers for frequently asked questions that you may be asked to answer. Answering common interview questions articulately takes practice and preparation. Here’s some common interview questions to prepare.
Top 20 Interview Questions
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you handle stress and pressure?
- Describe a difficult work situation / project and how you overcame it.
- How do you evaluate success?
- Why are you leaving or have left your job?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- What are your goals for the future?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your pet peeves?
- If you could relive the last 10 years of your life.
- How has your education prepared you for your career?
- When was the last time you were angry and what happened?
- Describe a typical work week for you.
- How would you describe the pace at which you work?
- Give us an example of a situation where you didn’t meet your goals or objectives.
- Give me proof of your persuasiveness.
- How long would you stay with us?
- What is your management style?
- What do you look for when you hire people?
- How do you deal with conflict or criticism?