Feeling stressed on everyday is something most of us are used to. Work, bills, money, deadlines, traffic jams, family and partners – with so many different stressors coming at us from all angles, it’s no wonder so many people feel overwhelmed, as though there’s an inescapable dark and suffocating cloud always lingering over the back of your mind.
1. Green Leafy Vegetables. Leafy greens contain a lot of magnesium. Magnesium is an important mineral that has the power to relax muscles.
2. Milk. There is a reason that milk is sometimes referred to as a “wind down” food. The proteins in milk can help reduce anxiety while the calcium is another mineral that can help with muscle relaxation.
3. Blueberries. The high potency of antioxidants in these berries counteracts the production of cortisol, which is the number one chemical that is released during stressful times.
4. Salmon. Two words = omega threes. These fatty acids can actually reverse stress symptoms entirely by boosting serotonin and lowering anxiety hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline.
5. Pistachios. A handful is all you need to tame stress. Pistachios contain fiber, antioxidants, and unsaturated fatty acids, all of which have been linked to lower blood pressure in studies.